RICHARDS, Dr. Sir ISAAC VIVIAN ALEXANDER
• West Indies Cricket Captain from1984 – 1991
• Holder of the world’s fastest test century – 100 off 56 balls
• Scored the third fastest One Day International 50 – off 32 balls
• Named Wisden’s Cricketer of the Year in 1977
• Scored 114 First Class centuries; Ranks 15th among the 25 people who scored centuries, only three less than Sir Donald Bradman
• Named one of Wisden’s Five Best Cricketers of the last century in a poll which included Sir Donald Bradman, Sir Jack Hobbs and Sir Garfield Sobers
• Undefeated as West Indies captain, never losing a series
• Scored two separate centuries in a match on two different occasions
• Highest Test Match score 291 against England at the Oval in 1976
• His highest first class score of 322 was made against Warwickshire in the English County Championships at Taunton, Somerset, in 1985
• Knighted by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda for his cricketing achievements
• Accorded an Honorable Doctorate by the University of the West Indies for his spectacular and unique accomplishments
TEST CAREER 1974-1991
Played in 85 Tests and scored 6,395 runs (averaging 53.74). Scored 29 Test centuries including three double centuries and took 20 wickets and 20 catches.
FIRST CLASS MATCHES
In 392 matches, Sir Vivian scored 28,809 runs (average 49.76), took 178 wickets and 358 catches. In all he scored 92 centuries. He scored 1,000 runs in a season 12 times.
LIMITED OVER MATCHES
Sir Vivian holds two records in the John Player League: 146 sixes overall and 26 sixes in one season (1977). He also won six Gold Awards (Benson and Hedges Cup) and four “Man of the Match” Medals (Gillette Cup/Nat-West Trophy).
Induction Ceremony 2001