FAIZUL HASAN Local Hall of Fame Nominee 2022
ADMINISTRATOR, COACH, FIRST CLASS PLAYER, COLUMINST
Contact: (408) 332-7099 email@example.com
- Played first class cricket for Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) in Pakistan Domestic. Toured India, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, England, Kenya, Bahrain, Oman, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, and USA, as a player/manager/coach for PIA.
- Part of organizing committee for Test, One-Day Internationals, and other International Tours to Pakistan
- Contributed to cricket in USA cricket as an advisor to USACA management, as an organizer of various tournaments across the USA, as founder of various clubs in leagues/association, as a promoter of grass root level youth cricket
- Guest columnist on cricket and other sports writing for Dawn International Newspaper (Pakistan), The Cricketer Magazine, and serving as the first Chief Editor of USACA New Letter
Played under legendary original Little Master Hanif Mohammad, and played along with other International cricket players, such as Mushtaq Mohammad, Wasim Bari, Saleem Altaf, Zaheer Abbas, Talat Ali, Intikhab Alam, etc.
Represented PIA in Pakistan domestic tournament – Ayub Zonal Trophy and against other International First Class and Club Teams Continued to play club cricket in Pakistan until 1980’s and in USA until late 1990’s
ORGANIZER/ADMINISTRAOR – 1970 -2015
- Part of the organizing committee for Pakistan vs. Rest of the World XI match 1970
- Member, organizing committees of most of the Test/ODI matches played in Karachi (1970 – 1994)
- Secretary, Karachi District Cricket Association
- Manager PIA Cricket team tours to Guyana and Trinidad (1975 and 1977), England (1978), Bahrain (1979), Kenya (1980), USA (1981), Zimbabwe (1982), Bangladesh (1984)
- Associate Manager PIA Cricket Team during Wills Cup – National ODI Tournament (1981-1989)
- Head of PIA Junior Cricket Program (PIA Colts) from 1977 – 1989 – produced International Test and ODI players, such as Muddassar Nazar, Shoaib Mohammad, Sikandar Bakht, Rizwan Zaman, Asif Mujtaba, Ghulam Abbas, Ghulam Ali, Zahid Ahmed, Rashid Khan, Anil Dalpat, Saleem Yousuf, etc.
- Chief Organizer of Nazimabad Super Cup – Karachi Intercity Tournament (still goes on today) – first ever T20 format with never before rules such as (Above the head – wide/No ball, Wide on balls pitched outside leg stump and outside the marked line on off stump)
- Founded California Cricket League 1995 – First one to organize short format (T10/T20) and color uniform cricket tournaments in USA, including T10 American Cricket World Cup held at Chicago, in 2000, and T20 Inter-State tournament (Covered by Zee TV Channel), held at Houston, in 2000
- Organized various summer and winter leagues, as well as tournaments, in San Francisco Bay Area
- Started youth program, included conducting lessons at local elementary schools, which produced several players who played at regional, national, and international levels
- Worked with City of Santa Clara and Milpitas in securing two cricket grounds. Build the cricket pitch himself and provided routine maintenance. These grounds are still used today for club cricket games.